Creamy Curry Orzo Salad – Here’s a terrific, easy, flavorful summer side dish perfect for cookouts, barbecues and picnics. Delicious with lots of different grilled meats or fish.
Orzo is a great choice for pasta salad but if you don’t have it or if it’s hard to find at your local market, you can easily substitute any small size pasta you like. Macaroni or rigatoni will even do in a pinch.
I think the fragrant curry flavour along with the sweetness of the raisins and little crunchy bites from the carrots and red pepper all go together very well in this delicious summer side dish.
- 3 cups fully cooked orzo pasta or other small size pasta
- ½ cup finely chopped red pepper
- ¼ cup coarsely grated carrots
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup plain mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tsp yellow curry powder
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Mix all of the ingredients in the dressing together until well blended.
- Toss the dressing with the cooked pasta and other salad ingredients and chill in the refrigerator for a t least a couple of hours before serving.