Orange Chocolate Macaroons – A very easy macaroon recipe using sweetened condensed milk that has the coconut infused with orange citrus flavour before being dipped in rich chocolate.
Well you knew it had to be coming….another chocolate orange recipe. Regular readers will know that this is one of my favorite flavor combinations and many cookies, cakes and desserts featuring this flavor duo have appeared here over the years. Today, we have some super easy to make sweet coconut macaroons to bring the coconut lovers to the party too. You can drizzle the chocolate over the top if you like but I think they look great with the bottom dipped in chocolate instead and it ensures an even distribution of the chocolate in every bite.
Like this Orange Chocolate Macaroons recipe?
For over 200 more delectable cookie recipes browse through the photo links in our Cookie Gallery.
- 1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- pinch salt
- zest of one large orange, finely minced
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5½ - 6 cups sweetened coconut
- 2 large egg whites
- 8 ounces good quality chocolate
- Mix together the sweetened condensed milk, salt, orange zest and vanilla, then fold in the coconut.
- Whip the egg whites to soft peaks and then fold the coconut mixture gently through the beaten egg whites.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner. These WILL stick to a regular greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees F just until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet before removing the cookies.
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt 8 ounces good quality chocolate.
- Dip the bottoms of the baked macaroons in the melted chocolate and place them on parchment paper until the chocolate sets. Store in an airtight container.