Walnut Brownie Cookies – An easy to prepare cookie that has the great flavour of a delicious walnut brownie. Also very good with pecans instead of walnuts.
My daughter Olivia, has been experimenting with some chocolate cookie recipes and came up with this one recently that really does taste like a good walnut brownie. Be extra careful not to over bake these cookies, it is actually preferable to under bake these a little to get a fudgy middle, so experiment with the baking time in your oven to get them just right.
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups roughly chopped walnuts
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, vanilla extract and sugars well, before adding the eggs one at a time and beating until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and when they are almost mixed in fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Try not to over mix the dough which will be quite stiff.
- Roll the dough in 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Press the dough balls down slightly with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 9-11 minutes, being careful not to over bake them.
- Cool on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack and letting them cool completely.