Winter White Cookies are ideal for the Holiday freezer. These easy-to-make treats are no bake and are so crunchy, caramel-y delicious too!
Here is the last of my remaining holiday treat ideas that didn’t quite make it to the blog before Christmas. This is another old family favorite no-bake recipe. Again, my dear old Mudder is the guest chef because I stole these out of her freezer to take the pic! Thanks Mom!
Originally published Jan 7, 2010.
The new photo auto the right shows a batch of Winter Whites made by my teenage daughter Olivia, who now keeps us well supplied with this family favourite during the holidays. She loves to eat these straight from the freezer
For over 200 of our cookie recipes please browse all the delicious photos and recipe inks in our Cookies Category.
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup fine dried coconut
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallow
- Additional graham crackers to line the bottom of the pan
- 1½ cups whipped cream (or use a whipped topping substitute)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat combine the melted butter, sugar and 1½ tsp vanilla extract.
- Cook for only a couple of minutes, stirring constantly until hot and the sugar is dissolved.
- Quickly whisk in the beaten eggs.
- Cook for only about a minute before removing from the heat and very quickly stirring in the graham crumbs, coconut and mini marshmallows.
- Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Line the bottom of the pan with graham crackers. Cut as needed to fit.
- Spread the prepared mixture evenly over the crackers and chill well for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Beat together the whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Top the chilled cookie bars with whipped cream, cut in squares and serve.
- These freeze very well but you might like to use a non-dairy whipped topping if you want to freeze them with the cream already on them. If not, freeze them without the whipped cream and just add it before serving.