Honey Blueberry Barbecue Wings are some of the best sticky BBQ wings you will ever try with the unique flavor of our Blueberry Barbecue Sauce.
Any skepticism I may have had about this experimental blueberry barbecue wings idea was swept away with the first bite. Grab your napkins because you are going to need them for these finger-licking delicious sweet and sticky morsels. Using our own Blueberry BBQ Sauce as a base, I simply added some honey and a little extra spicy heat then simply repeatedly glazed the grilled wings. The honey brings out the blueberry flavor even more in the sauce and our entire family just loved them. Try them at your next barbeque for a little something deliciously different.
- 3- 4 lbs chicken wings, tips removed and cut in two pieces
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 cup Blueberry BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 1½ tsp hot sauce ( I like to use sriracha hot chili sauce, more or less to taste)
- Mix together the BBQ sauce, honey and hot sauce and set aside.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper, then grill them on medium heat until the skins are browned and they are almost cooked.
- At that point, turn the heat down to about medium low and begin to brush on the honey barbeque glaze, continuously turning the wings and building layers of sticky sweet sauce. I usually coat them at least 3 times with the sauce while they are on the grill.
- Serve immediately off the grill.