Old Fashioned Peach Crumble. Dessert couldn’t be simpler, easier or tastier than this fresh peach crumble with a buttery oatmeal crumble topping.
With great peaches still available, this Old Fashioned Peach Crumble is another easy dessert suggestion that features them at their best. I love peaches, and crumble is one of my very favourite desserts, so I make this several times during summer peach season.
I use this crumble recipe for several different fruits and it has become almost second nature to throw this recipe together in just a few minutes now, especially of Spouse is helping out.
I’ll prepare the peaches while she puts together the crumble mixture and it can be in the oven in a flash.
Another great tip for summer fruit crumble is to make double the crumble mixture and form half into a log like you would for sliced cookie dough. Wrap it in several layers of plastic wrap and freeze it until you need it.
Take it out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight or during the day, and then, whenever fresh fruit is on hand, you can have a quick crumble put together for dessert at dinner in practically no time at all.
Can’t get enough peach recipes?
Be sure to try this collection of 21 of our Favourite Peach Recipes.
Like this Peach Crumble recipe?
Find hundreds of other deliciously sweet ideas by growing our Desserts Category.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Old Fashioned Peach Crumble - dessert couldn't be simpler, easier or tastier than this fresh peach crumble with a buttery oatmeal crumble topping.
- 8 large ripe peaches
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the crumble
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cups rolled oats, large
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cut in small cubes.
- Slice the peaches into large wedges, about 8 per peach.
- Mix together the brown sugar, corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over the sliced peaches along with the vanilla extract. Toss together well and spread evenly in the bottom of a 9x9 inch glass baking pan.
To prepare the crumble
- In a large bowl toss together the baking powder, flour, rolled oats and brown sugar.
- Using your hands rub the butter thoroughly through the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Press the crumble mixture together in handfuls then break it apart in bite sized pieces evenly over the top of the prepared peaches.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 - 50 minutes or until the top is well browned and the fruit is bubbling well underneath.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g