Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken Breasts – Boneless skinless chicken breasts quickly baked in an intensely flavoured honey, garlic and Dijon mustard glaze.
This version of garlic chicken breasts came about when I was thinking about the popularity of our Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken, which has seen about 4 MILLION hits on Rock Recipes over the past couple of years. People really like the intensity of flavour in that recipe, which I think is why it has been so successful. I was thinking of creating another high intensity flavour recipe but without a crunchy coating.
I’d seen a photo on my Facebook timeline of a simple brown sugar glazed glazed garlic chicken breasts recipe and I first mistook the garlic in the glaze for whole grain Dijon mustard. It was that mistaken ingredient that made me think, “Honey Dijon Chicken is delicious. Honey Garlic Chicken is delicious…why not combine the two?” That’s exactly what I did and it was outstanding.
The chicken breasts are baked at high heat so they were actually perfectly cooked in about 30 minutes in my oven for 5 to 6 ounce breasts. That makes this recipe easy to achieve, even as a weekday dinner.
I like to preheat the pan as I am preparing the glaze which also helps speed things up once the chicken hits the oven. I know this is a recipe we will make many times. I’ll bet when you taste it, you’ll say the same
Like this Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken recipe?
We have hundreds more recipes like this Garlic Chicken to beat the chicken dinner doldrums in our extensive Chicken Recipes Category and even more great ideas for fast weekday meals in our Quick & Easy Dinners Category .
To keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes plus daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals, be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram Instagram.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- pinch salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Use a baking pan that is large enough to have a half inch of space around each chicken breast but no more. Using too large a baking dish can cause the glaze to be too shallow in the pan and burn easily. Place the empty pan in a 425 degree oven to heat up while you prepare the glaze.
- Melt the butter in a small saute pan. Add the garlic and cook for only 30-60 seconds to soften it. Do not brown the garlic.
- Add the honey, Dijon mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well to blend and simmer over medium heat for one or two minutes begin to reduce the glaze.
- Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Remove the hot pan from the oven and place the chicken breasts an equal distance apart in the pan. Pour the hot glaze evenly over the chicken.
- Return the pan to the 425 degree F oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and baste the breasts with the glaze in the bottom of the pan. return to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes or until a neat thermometer inserted into the center of the thickest part of the breast reads 170 degrees F.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.