Ginger Snap Peach Crumble. A perfect summer dessert! Or use frozen peaches in winter. The flavours of ginger & peach go amazingly well together in this deliciously different peach crumble.
This new idea for a peach crumble came about because a couple of days ago, I got an interesting email from Sharon, a regular reader of Rock Recipes who had an interesting request. Here it is:
“I don’t have a recipe to recommend, rather I think you’re the man to come up with one. Yesterday on my way to wash a fresh peach to eat, I filched a ginger snap out of the jar, so, when I took my first bite of the peach I still had the cookie residue/taste in my mouth ( my, doesn’t that sound appetizing… bear with me)… the combination of the ginger snap and peach was deeelicious.
I immediately thought what a good dessert combo, however , I have no talent for imagining how that combo could be put into a recipe… but knew you’d be the man who could. Love to see the result.”
Well Sharon your wish is my command and here is the final result. I’ve incorporated crushed ginger snaps into the crumble and kept the fresh peaches very uncomplicated to focus on their natural sweetness and flavour.
Here in Canada, we eagerly await the peaches from southern Ontario which arrive every July. They eclipse any other peaches I’ve ever eaten in terms of sweet juiciness and pure intense peach flavour; truly my favourite fruit.
The wait is over again this year as these beautiful peaches have arrived in our local markets.
Truth be told, we are already on our second basket in only two days at our house. I wonder how long I can hold out before making a peach pie…oh lord peach pie!!! Bring on the peaches!
Love peach recipes?
If you can’t get enough peach recipes, like me, take a look at this Collection of 30 of our Favourite Peach Recipes from over the last decade or so on Rock Recipes.
Originally published July 2010. Updated Aug 2020.
Like this Ginger Snap Peach Crumble recipe?
Find hundreds of other deliciously sweet ideas by growing our Desserts Category.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Ginger Snap Peach Crumble - a perfect summer dessert! The flavors of ginger & peach go amazingly well together in this deliciously different peach crumble.
- 8 medium sized peaches, peeled, pitted and cut in quarters.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp corn starch
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Ginger Snap Crumble
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30 small ginger snap cookies
- 3/4 cup cold butter cut in cubes
- Don't cut your peaches in small slices, chunks are better because they hold up to the heat and don't disintegrate into peach jam as they cook.
- Toss the peaches, honey, corn starch, salt, nutmeg and vanilla extract together and spread evenly into the bottom of a 9x9 inch glass baking dish.
To prepare the Ginger Snap Crumble
- In a food processor pulse together the flour baking powder and ginger snaps until the cookies are broken up well.
- Pulse in the butter until the mixture resembles a coarse meal and holds together when a handful of crumb mixture is pressed together. Press the crumb mixture together into handfuls, then break chunks off of the balls and spread evenly over the top of the prepared peaches.
- Bake the crisp at 350 degrees F for approximately 35 - 40 minutes or until the top is well browned and the fruit is bubbling.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes before serving with whipped cream or some good quality vanilla ice cream.
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 369Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 41mgSodium 308mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 3gSugar 24gProtein 4g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.