Easy Deep Dish Graham Cracker Apple Crisp. This is one of the best apple crisp recipes I have ever tried and it’s because of a unique ingredient in the crumb topping.
Originally published April, 2015.
My daughter Olivia and I have a great love for graham crackers and love anything with a graham cracker crumb crust. I’d tried the idea of using graham cracker crumbs before in some Cherry Crumble Bars with great success.
So, with a surplus of apples to use in the fridge, this delicious apple crisp came to be invented. Since there were so many apples on hand, I tried to cram as many as I could into this crisp and my deep dish pie pate held them perfectly.
The crisp turned out buttery delicious and the flavour of those graham crackers came through really well. It was well appreciated at Sunday dinner a couple of weeks ago and sent everyone clamouring for seconds.
Next time I might try it with cherries but I’m definitely giving it a whirl come summer peach season in a few months. Can’t wait to try that one!
You may also want to try our recipe for an updated Apple Cobbler.
Like this Easy Deep Dish Graham Cracker Apple Crisp recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Easy Deep Dish Apple Crisp - This is one of the best apple crisp recipes I have ever tried and it's because of a unique ingredient in the crumb topping.
- 8 large apples, peeled, cored, and cut into thick wedges
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 rounded tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the crumb topping
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter
To prepare the apple layer
- Mix together the brown sugar, corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined, then toss together with the prepared apples.
- Next, pour the apple juice, melted butter and vanilla extract over the apples and toss together gently. Pour the apples into a greased 10 inch deep dish pie pan or a 9x13 baking dish.
To prepare the crumb topping.
- Mix together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and baking powder well.
- Using your hands, rub the butter thoroughly through the dry ingredients.
- When the butter is fully incorporated press t the crumble mixture together in handfuls so that it holds together and break off chunks of crumble about the size of the top of your forefinger, all over the top of the prepared apples. Press down very lightly and bake for about 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top is golden brown and the apples are bubbling.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. A scoop pf really good vanilla bean ice cream is incredible with this crisp.
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 512Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 61mgSodium 302mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 5gSugar 48gProtein 3g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.