Sausage Rolls in Sour Cream Pastry. Use your favourite sausage with this incredible rich pastry to make the best, flakiest little sausage rolls you’ll ever try.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made these scrumptious sausage rolls. The easy to make buttery tasting, flakey pastry is so perfect with the savoury flavour of practically any favourite sausage.
It’s the perfect thing for any gathering of friends at the Holidays or as finger food at practically any party.
Like this sausage rolls recipe?
See many more great ideas like the in our Appetizer Category.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Sausage Rolls in Sour Cream Pastry - Use your favourite sausage with this incredible rich pastry to make the best, flakiest little sausage rolls you'll ever try. Perfect party food.
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground pork
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- Be sure the sausages are very well chilled, it will make them easier to handle and roll. I like to put them in the freezer for a half hour or so before removing the casings and rolling them in the pastry.
To make the pastry
- Cut butter into the flour with a food processor or pastry blender until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Small pea size pieces of butter should still be visible in the mix.
- Stir in the sour cream to form a dough. Separate dough in 2 portions wrap in plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge for about 20 minutes to rest.
- Roll each portion of the rested dough into a long rectangle the same width as the sausage links and between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick.
- Using scissors, carefully remove the casing from each sausage and place it on the dough.
- Roll the sausage in the pastry, cutting the pastry rectangle in a straight line when the sausage is completely surrounded with pastry and slightly overlaps. Egg wash the edges of the dough where they meet. Press well to seal. Egg wash the tops of the sausage rolls if desired. Cut into individual pieces and place on a baking sheet. Chill for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes until evenly golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 175 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ or marinara sauce as a dip.
1 ½ pounds good quality sausage links, casings removed
! For the Sour Cream Pastry
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup very cold butter cut in cubes
½ cup sour cream
! For the egg wash
2 tbsp water
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 162Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 48mgSodium 85mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 8g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.