The great 70’s throwback dish, Waldorf Salad, gets a reworking as a Lemon Waldorf Potato Salad. An amazingly delicious side dish with anything barbecue!
I served it recently with some Maple Chipotle Barbeque Braised Ribs for a very satisfying summer barbeque inspired meal, dead in the middle of a snowy Newfoundland winter.
Like this recipe?
- 3 lbs red potatoes cubed and cooked in salted water
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 1 small apple peeled and chopped
- 1½ cups green grapes whole
- 1 cups to 1½ mayonnaise
- juice of one lemon
- zest of one lemon finely minced
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- pinch salt
Cook and cool the potatoes.
Mix all the ingredients in the dressing well.
Toss the dressing with the cooled potatoes, apple, green onion and grapes.
Chill well before serving.