Mushroom Pâté. A two for one, versatile recipe for a rich earthy mushroom and pecan pâté that you can pair with seared scallops as an elevated hors d’oeuvre.
This Mushroom Pâté recipe is one I refer to as the ’Land & Sea’ of party food.
The land is represented by the earthy, intense flavour of the mushrooms and thyme. The delicate flavour of the sea is represented in the succulent, pan seared scallops.
These elements are so very different from each other, but work so deliciously well together.
This also a 2 for 1 recipe in that the mushroom pate stands up deliciously on its own. Just serve it to serve on slices of baguette or with crackers.
The mushroom pâté alone a great vegetarian party food option too. You can use any mushrooms you like in this recipe or use a combination of types like crimini and shitake to add even more depth of flavour.
Thanks for another amazing year on Rock Recipes
So, as we prepare for the New Year, I have to stop and take a moment to say thank you to all our loyal followers and all you new folks who are just discovering our little corner of the web.
It has been another record breaking year, with visitors to the website up almost 30% over the last Holiday season.
When I first started Rock Recipes over 12 years ago, I never anticipated getting millions of people coming to the site in a singe month. I certainly never dreamed it would become my full time job!
For that, I am extremely indebted to you all. Here’s wishing each and every one of you a healthy, happy and prosperous year in 2020!
If you need more ideas for fantastic hors d’oeuvres for New Year’s Eve or for entertaining at any time fo year be sure to check out this collection of Party Food Ideas.
Like this Mushroom pâté recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Mushroom Pâté. A two for one recipe for a rich, earthy mushroom and pecan pâté that you can pair with seared scallops as an elevated hors d'oeuvre.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup finely diced shallots
- 2 cups finely chopped mushrooms (chop, then measure)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme (or ½ tsp dry thyme)
- pinch salt and pepper to season
- ½ cup white wine
- 1/2 cup finely ground toasted pecans
- ¼ cup soft butter
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and shallots and sauté for only a few minutes until the shallots soften but do not brown.
- To the garlic and shallots add the mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper and cook until the mushrooms have shrunken and are just beginning to brown.
- Add the white wine and reduce until the liquid has practically cooked off.
- Let the mushroom mixture cool to room temperature before adding it to the food processor along with the ground toasted pecans.
- Process for a few minutes until the pate is completely smooth, then pulse in the softened butter until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer the pate to a serving dish, cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours before serving.
To make the bruschetta simply toast small slices of baguette under the broiler. Top with a little of the mushroom pate and finally medium sized scallops that have been lightly pan seared in butter.