Bailey’s Irish Cream Pumpkin Tart. An alternative to Thanksgiving pumpkin pie with a buttery graham crumb crust. Ii has less of the heavy filling and is topped off with an Irish Cream infused whipped cream.
Originally published Nov 2012.
This delicious tart is just in time to serve up for Thanksgiving for our American friends. They will who will be celebrating turkey day next week.
I do like pumpkin pie but I think I like this tart a little more.
It uses about half the filling of a pumpkin pie. It also combines it with a graham crust instead of a pastry crust which I also love.
The crowning glory of this simple easy tart is some simple Bailey’s Irish Cream infused whipped cream to make it extra indulgent.
A perfect ending to Thanksgiving dinner or any Fall meal. Made with home canned or store bought pumpkin puree, this can be a delicious Sunday dinner dessert at any time of the year.
Want something totally different for Thanksgiving?
Would you like an alternative chocolate dessert for Thanksgiving? You may also want to try our Chocolate Stout Cake!
Like this Bailey’s Irish Cream Pumpkin Tart recipe?
To keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes plus daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals, be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
Bailey's Irish Cream Pumpkin Tart An alternative to pumpkin pie with a buttery graham crumb crust, less of the heavy filling and topped off with an Irish Cream infused whipped cream.
For the crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
For the filling
- 2 cups of peeled raw pumpkin, diced. (To make the pumpkin puree. 1 cup canned can be substituted if you like.)
- 1 cup of the roasted pumpkin puree, you can substitute 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 medium eggs
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
For the Bailey's Whipped Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 tbsp icing sugar, powdered sugar
- ½ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
To prepare the crust.
- Lightly grease an 11 inch, removable bottom tart pan. (You can use a 10 inch pie plate as a substitute if you don't have one.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the cracker crumbs, butter an 2 tbsp sugar. Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of the greased tart pan.
To prepare the filling.
- Dice about 2 cups of peeled raw pumpkin and roast on a parchment lined cookie sheet for about 40 minutes or until the pieces are lightly browned and fork tender. Cool completely and puree in a food processor until very smooth.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, 2/3 cup whipping cream, eggs, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until well blended and smooth.
- Pour filling into the prepared graham shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes until the center still jiggles a little but is set.
- Cool completely before serving with Bailey's Whipped Cream
To prepare the Bailey's Whipped Cream
- Combine the whipping cream, powdered sugar and Bailey's together in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat together to firm peaks.
- Pipe onto the perimeter of the tart, spread over the entire surface of the tart or just serve on the side.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 344Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 91mgSodium 104mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 4g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.