Chorizo Pepper Jack Cheeseburgers with Guacamole. If you’re bored with the same old burgers, get ready for a flavour revolution in this incredibly different but tasty cheeseburger idea.
Since I made some delicious homemade chorizo sausage last week, I’ve been enjoying it in as many ways as possible.
I’ve grilled the sausage, smoked it and used it in an absolutely amazing brunch dish. That delicious brunch included eggs and spicy tomato compote.
(See that photo along with the original sausage recipe by clicking here.)
Yesterday when burgers were on our weekend menu, I decided to add some of the loose sausage meat to the ground beef. I’ve often done before with other sausages.
The burgers turned out juicy and delicious and worked beautifully with the melting pepper jack cheese and guacamole.
If you’re looking for a way to breathe some life into boring burgers, this is a very tasty way to do it.
In recent years I have been making my own ground beef using a chuck/blade cut of beef. I have a grinder attachment for my Kitchen aid mixer that easily accomplishes this.
The difference it makes to burgers is not to be underestimated both in flavour and texture. Plus you know your ground beef is coming from a single source, which can never be guaranteed with supermarket ground beef. I highly recommend it.
We have some great side dish inspiration too, including everything from baked beans & corn bread to deliciously different potato and pasta salads. Be sure to check them all out in our collection of 35 Best BBQ Side Dishes too.
Like this Chorizo Pepper Jack Cheeseburgers recipe?
You’ll find hundreds of other great ideas in our Beef Recipes Category and even more in our BBQ & Grilling Category.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Chorizo Pepper Jack Cheeseburgers with Guacamole
Chorizo Pepper Jack Cheeseburgers with Guacamole. If you're bored with the same old burgers, get ready for a flavour revolution in this incredibly different but tasty cheeseburger idea.
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage meat
- 18 ounces regular ground beef
You will also need
- Sliced pepper jack cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces per burger)
- Toasted burger buns
- Thick sliced tomatoes
For the Easy Guacamole
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped lemon(or lime) zest
- juice of 1/2 small lemon (or lime)
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (optional or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
To prepare the burgers
- Combine the sausage and ground beef well and form into 4 large patties.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper. Or dust them all over with some of our Smokin' Summer Spice Dry Rub for even more great flavour.
- Cook to well done over high heat on a gas or charcoal grill, about 6 minutes per side.
- In the final minute or two add the sliced cheese.
- Serve the burgers on toasted buns topped with thick sliced tomatoes and guacamole.
To prepare the guacamole
- Crush the avocado roughly in a mortar and pestle or just with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Store in a glass bowl with plastic wrap touching the surface of the guacamole to preserve the colour.
Amount Per Serving Calories 941Total Fat 58gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 219mgSodium 1500mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 70g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.