An indulgent weekend brunch idea; stuffed French toast with Honey Cream cheese & served with blueberry sauce. You’ll want to invite folks over for this one!
Well tomorrow’s the weekend again and time for a great brunch and I’m craving this stuffed French toast! This great French toast version is one of my all-time favorite things to have at a weekend brunch.
For me, good French toast is all about the bread and again, there is no better available in St John’s than that found at Georgetown Bakery.
Here I’ve used their artisan Belgian Loaf but I’ve also used their brioche or great baguette in the past. Treat yourself to this fantastic brunch this weekend or surprise someone who’s had a hard week; they’ll thank you for it, I guarantee.
For even more delicious ideas for brunch, we have put them together into one amazing collection of our 25 Best Scone Recipes.
Like this Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast recipe?
Find plenty of other ideas like this in our Brunch Category.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
An indulgent weekend brunch idea; stuffed French toast with Honey Cream cheese & served with blueberry sauce. You'll want to invite folks over for this one!
- 4 thick cut slices of crusty, artisan style bread (about the thickness of 2 normal slices)
For the Blueberry Sauce
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch dissolved in a little water, about an ounce
For the cream cheese filling
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 tbsp honey
For the egg mixture to dip the bread
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
To Make the Blueberry Sauce
- Boil the blueberries, sugar and cinnamon gently together for about 10 minutes. Thicken with a slurry of the cornstarch dissolved in water. Stir constantly as you add the slurry and simmer for an additional minute as you stir.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
To make the cream cheese filling
- Mix honey, nutmeg and cream cheese until well blended.
- Cut 4 double thick slices of any good artisan style bread, then cut pockets into the thick slices with a sharp bread knife. Spread the cream cheese filling evenly into the pockets.
To prepare the French toast
- Whisk together the eggs, whipping cream, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Dip the stuffed bread into the egg mixture and then fry in butter over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Pour blueberry sauce over the top to serve.
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Yield4 servings or more
Serving Size1 large serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 606Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 278mgSodium 594mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 3gSugar 53gProtein 12g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.