Crispy Chicken Wings with Sticky Maple Chipotle Glaze. Sweet, sticky, smoky, spicy, crispy, crunchy tender, glazed, juicy delicious-ness!
I love any kind of sticky crispy chicken wings and these were a big hit when I served them to some friends last weekend.
Sweet, smokey, spicy, crispy, crunchy tender, glazed, juicy delicious-ness!
These wings have it all. This is another game day party hit that just has to be included in the biggest game day of the year, Super Bowl Sunday!
I just love the combination of sweet and spicy but don’t worry too much about the heat in this recipe. Overall it is on the ild side but you can, of course, use less if you prefer.
Looking for more great wing recipes for Super Bowl Sunday?
Like this Crispy Chicken Wings recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Crispy Chicken Wings with Sticky Maple Chipotle Glaze - sweet, sticky, smoky, spicy, crispy, crunchy tender, glazed, juicy delicious-ness!
For the Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings, washed, trimmed and cut in pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
For the Glaze
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 to 3 tsp ground chipotle powder, according tot taste or spice preference
You will also need
- canola oil for frying
To Prepare the Wings
- Wash, trim excess skin and fat and cut the wings into pieces, discarding the tips. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix together the flour, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, five spice powder, sea salt, black pepper and ground ginger.
- Prepare an egg wash by whisking together the eggs and milk.
- Dredge the egg washed wings in the flour mixture and drop them in a canola oil filled and preheated 350 degree F deep fryer for about 8-10 minutes or little longer for larger wings, until a medium golden brown.
- Drain on a wire rack placed on a cookie sheet. Hold in a 175 degree oven if making more than one batch.
To Prepare the Glaze
- Simmer all of the ingredients slowly together until the volume reduces by about 1/4. The glaze will still be quite thin.
- Be careful, this glaze is very hot. Watch it carefully and don't walk away from the stove. It will foam up quickly and burn if boiled too much.
- Pour the glaze over the cooked wings in a large bowl and toss well to coat the wings in the spicy glaze.
Serving SizeAbout 4 wings
Amount Per Serving Calories 741 Total Fat 46g Saturated Fat 15g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 27g Cholesterol 163mg Sodium 903mg Carbohydrates 52g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 25g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 31g