Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies. Up the ante on traditional peanut butter cookies with the addition of roasted peanuts and crispy rice cereal. The perfect after school cookie with a tall glass of ice cold milk.
Originally published October 2012.
This one was inspired by our recent Chocolate Chip Pecan Crunch Cookies. I decided to take the same idea of adding nuts and Rice Krispies cereal to our old family recipe for peanut butter cookies.
The results were not disappointing!
There is a very enjoyable contrast of textures in these Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies. A yummy contrast between the soft, slightly chewy cookie and the super crunch of the crispy cereal and roasted peanuts.
Hmmm…wonder f I should dip them in chocolate next time?
If you’d like a more simplified, Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter cookies recipe, be sure to check out my decades old family favourite, Aunt Aggies Peanut Butter Cookies.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out out collection of Favourite After School Cookies!
Like this Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies recipe?
Be sure to browse the photo index of over 200 cookies and cookie bar recipe is in our expansive Cookies Category.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Visit my Amazon Store for my favourite kitchen gadgets and appliances, plus recommendations from my personal cookbook collection.</div
Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies - up the ante on traditional peanut butter cookies with the addition of roasted peanuts and crispy rice cereal. The perfect after school cookie with a tall glass of ice cold milk.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, + another 11/2 cup for rolling the cookies, optional
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar well.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture and fold until dough forms.
- Fold in the cereal and peanuts.
- Make 1 1/2 inch balls and roll one half of the ball in an additional peanuts
- Place the dough balls, peanuts side up on a parchment lined baking sheet 2- 3 inches apart. Chill in the fridge for 30 - 60 minutes. Dough should be very well chilled before going into the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 13-15 minutes until golden brown at the edges Do not over bake or cookies will be brittle.
- Makes about 12 cafe -style large cookies or about 18 smaller cookies.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 287Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 36mgSodium 353mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 6g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.