Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts stuffed with Roasted Red Pepper and Mozzarella. A delicious choice for a romantic dinner for two. Perfect to prepare ahead of time as a main course to pop into the oven when your guests arrive for a dinner party.
This year’s main course for our Valentine’s Day Dinner is this succulent stuffed, prosciutto wrapped chicken breast.
It is quite simple to put together and goes deliciously well with the easy to prepare olive tapenade. If olives are not your thing you could very easily serve it with some of our Spicy Tomato Compote and pasta.
This recipe is also perfect for a prepare ahead of time main course to pop into the oven when your guests arrive for a dinner party. Spend more time with your guests than in the kitchen.
That’s key to any good dinner party.
NOTE: I like to debone my own chicken breasts so that I can roast the bones and skins for stock later. I freeze them until I have enough to cover a baking sheet then use the instructions in my post on making Chicken Stock here.
Like this prosciutto wrapped chicken recipe?
We have over 200 other great chicken recipes on Rock Recipes.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
- 4 extra largeboneless skinless chicken breasts, (butterfly cut or pounded to 1/4 inch thickness)
- 2 smallroasted red peppers
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut in 4 sticks
- 6- 8 ouncesthinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 cupkalamata olives, pitted
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp capers
- pinch black pepper
- pinch brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Place chicken pieces on a cutting board and pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Wrap each stick of mozzarella with half a roasted red pepper and place in the center of each chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken breast around the red pepper.
- Wrap the chicken breast entirely in thin slices of prosciutto.
- Place the prepared breasts, fold side down, on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour or until the internal temperature of the breasts reaches 175-185 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
- Let the meat rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve with olive tapenade (or Spicy Tomato Compote)
- For the tapenade, simply pulse together all the ingredients in a food processor until well blended but not completely smooth.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 613Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 168mgSodium 810mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 61g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.