Almond Crusted Shrimp with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. Makes a delicious appetizer or toss the sauce with favourite pasta for a complete lunch or dinner!
Our appetizer course for Valentine’s Day is so simple and delicious. Just a few of these shrimp makes for a beautiful appetizer course for you and your sweetheart.
These succulent shrimp would also make a fantastic main course if you prefer. Just a few more shrimp per person tossing the simple red pepper sauce with some freshly cooked pasta.
That pasta idea would be an incredibly delicious main course for Valentine’s Day too, or any special occasion. My preference would be to serve it with linguine, but ny pasta you like would be equally as good.
Almond Crusted Shrimp as party food? Why not!
Serve them on a platter as party nibbles with the roasted red pepper sauce as a dip. They will be the hit of any cocktail party.
If you’re looking for more great ideas like this, check out this collection of 20 of Our Favourite Seafood Dinners.
Like this Almond Crusted Shrimp recipe?
You’ll find many more recipes in our Fish & Seafood Category.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Almond Crusted Shrimp with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce - this makes a delicious appetizer idea or toss the sauce with your favourite pasta for a complete lunch or dinner meal!
For the Almond Crusted Shrimp
- 1 pound large uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp dry ginger
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- vegetable oil for frying
For the Roasted red Pepper Sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 tsp crushed chili paste, or 1.2 tsp chili flakes, more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch salt
- pinch brown sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In a food processor, pulse together the almonds, flour, ginger, oregano, thyme, pepper and salt. Process until he almonds are broken down to a coarse meal consistency.
- Make an egg wash by whisking together the egg and water.
- Dip the shrimp into the egg wash and then into the flour and almond dredge.
- Fry in preheated vegetable oil until golden brown; only about 3-5 minutes depending on size. Serve with roasted red pepper sauce.
To prepare the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Saute together the garlic and olive oil for only a minute over medium low heat. You don't want the garlic to brown, just soften a little.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the sauce.
- Saute together for only a few minutes before pureeing until smooth in a blender or food processor.
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 417Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 6gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 327mgSodium 1193mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 31g