Sun Dried Tomato Seafood Linguine. This easy to prepare pasta dish is very fast to cook as well and can easily be ready in about 20 minutes. That makes it a great choice for a dinner party or even a dinner for two where kitchen time is kept to a minimum.
Originally published Feb. 2012.
Treat your sweetheart to this delicious seafood linguine dinner. This easy to prepare pasta dish is very fast to cook as well and can easily be ready in about 20 minutes.
That makes it a great choice for a dinner party or even a dinner for two where kitchen time is kept to a minimum.
For the other three recipe ideas for a romantic dinner for two click here.
Like this Sun Dried Tomato Seafood Linguine recipe?
Find lots more ideas like this, including appetizer and dessert courses in our Valentine’s Day Recipes.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Sun Dried Tomato Seafood Linguine - This easy to prepare pasta dish is very fast to cook as well and can easily be ready in about 20 minutes. That makes it a great choice for a dinner party or even a dinner for two where kitchen time is kept to a minimum.
- 1 pound package fresh linguine cooked al dente
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 dozen shrimp
- 2 dozen scallops
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped oil packed, sun dried tomatoes
- 4 oz white wine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon or a fresh herb of your choice, basil, dill, or oregano are all good choices
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottomed frying pan over medium heat.
- Season the shrimp and scallops with salt and pepper and quickly saute them for a few minutes until almost completely cooked.
- Remove the seafood from the pan and set aside while you prepare the sauce.
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for only about 30 seconds to soften the it.
- Add the white wine and simmer until the volume is reduced by half, then add the cream, dijon mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until sauce thickens enough to coat a metal spoon.
- Return seafood to to the sauce, add the red pepper and chopped sundried tomato and simmer for an additional 2 - 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked linguine.
- Sprinkle with chopped crisp cooked bacon when serving (optional).
Amount Per Serving Calories 796Total Fat 56gSaturated Fat 29gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 182mgSodium 835mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 23g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.