Turkey and Blackbean Soup – an easy delicious and nutritious soup to make with leftover roast turkey. Great to have for after the Holidays.
Spouse has been in the kitchen whipping up yet another quick and easy, wholesome winter soup. A few quality ingredients and a very simple preparation is all it takes to be enjoying this healthy meal option. This is a soup that we often freeze in individual portions in sealed plastic containers to provide a quick workday lunch any time.
- 2 medium carrots coarsely grated
- 1 medium red onion diced small
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 6 cups of turkey or chicken stock
- 1 28 oz can of tomatoes
- 1 19 0 z can of back beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups of chopped cooked turkey
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot , cook the carrots, onion and garlic together until soft:
Add all of the remaining ingredients.
Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes