Winter White Cookies. These easy-to-make treats are no bake and are so crunchy, caramel-y delicious too! Ideal for the freezer any time of year, but especially at the Holidays.
Originally published Jan 7, 2010.
Here is the last of my remaining holiday treat ideas that didn’t quite make it to the blog before Christmas. This is another old family favourite no-bake recipe.
Again, my dear old Mudder is the guest chef because I stole these out of her freezer to take the pic! Thanks Mom!
Note: The new photos are courtesy of my daughter who loves making these at any time of year.
The new photo below shows part of a batch made by my teenage daughter Olivia, who now keeps us well supplied with this family favourite during the holidays. She loves to eat these straight from the freezer, just like we did as kids.
2022 Update. The additional new photos are still courtesy of my daughter Olivia. It is one of her absolute favourites, as it was mine, growing up.
A Christmas family tradition, that we love to make year round.
Looking for more holiday baking inspiration?
You might also like to try some of our very popular recipes in our Best Newfoundland Christmas Cookies Collection. They are definitely worth making at any time of year!
Like this Winter White Cookies recipe?
For over 200 of our cookie recipes please browse all the delicious photos and recipe inks in our Cookies Category.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Winter White Cookies - No bake and freezer friendly.
These Winter White cookies are some of our family favourites during the Holidays, especially. They are easy, no bake and freeze well, making them ideal for your Holiday treat list.
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup fine dried coconut
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallow
- Additional graham crackers to line the bottom of the pan
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream, or use a whipped topping substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp icing sugar, powdered sugar
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat combine the melted butter, sugar and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Cook for only a couple of minutes, stirring constantly until hot and the sugar is dissolved.
- Quickly whisk in the beaten eggs.
- Cook for only about a minute before removing from the heat and very quickly stirring in the graham crumbs, coconut and mini marshmallows.
- Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Line the bottom of the pan with graham crackers. Cut as needed to fit.
- Spread the prepared mixture evenly over the crackers and chill well for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Beat together the whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Top the chilled cookie bars with whipped cream, cut in squares and serve.
- These freeze very well but you might like to use a non-dairy whipped topping if you want to freeze them with the cream already on them. If not, freeze them without the whipped cream and just add it before serving.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 122Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 25mgSodium 89mgCarbohydrates 14gSugar 9gProtein 1g
Monday 10th of January 2022
Is there some trick I’m unaware of to keep the eggs from cooking when you dump them into the hot sugary butter mixture? I whisked mine as I dumped them in, with my burner on the lowest setting, and the eggs immediately started cooking. I only had them in the stove for 15 seconds, not the minute the recipe calls for. I followed the recipe exactly. I don’t know how it could have been avoided.
Thursday 16th of December 2021
Hi I noticed your White Winter Cookies and I said to myself these are the ones I make all the time. I call them secrets. I received the recipe from a friend way back in the 1960's. I make them all the time.
50 Freezer Friendly Cookie Recipes | Sweet T Makes Three
Friday 19th of February 2021
[…] No Bake Winter White Cookies […]
No Fuss, No-Bake Christmas Cookies - Forkly
Wednesday 9th of December 2020
[…] PHOTOS AND RECIPE HERE: ROCK RECIPES […]
Saturday 26th of September 2020
I am going to make these today ,I am tasting them already I would be lost without you Barry TY