Super Easy Lemon Bars – with only 5 simple ingredients and an incredibly easy recipe you can bake these luscious lemon bars that all who try, just rave about!
Great lemon bars are an absolute baking classic and when I came home from school yesterday I found the house filled with the scent of these easy-to-make yet simply irresistible cookie bars.
Easy is the operative word in this recipe with a simple 3 ingredient crispy shortbread bottom and a simple whisked together lemon custard top. By the end of the day, the entire batch had disappeared.
With only 5 simple ingredients, these lemon bars are sure to become a new stand by recipe in your house like it did in mine. Once you see how fast and easy it is to throw together a batch of these incredibly tangy and delicious lemon bars, you’ll never waste another lemon again.
For lime lovers check out the Lime Bars version of this fantastic, easy recipe.
Like this lemon bars recipe?
We have over 200 more great recipes like this in our Cookies Category.
Click here to join us on Rock Recipes Facebook Page.
- 1 cup cold butter, cut in small pieces
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 eggs
- zest of two lemons, very finely chopped
- juice of 2 lemons (about ⅔ to ¾ cup juice)
- Using a pastry cutter or in a food processor blend together the butter sugar and flour.
- Press evenly into the bottom of a greased and parchment paper lined 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F ( 325 degrees F if you are using glass bake-ware) The bottom should just be beginning to brown slightly at the top edges.
- Simply whisk together the sugar flour, eggs, zest and lemon juice until the sugar is dissolved.
- Allow the topping to sit for about 10 minutes before whisking together well again and pouring over the baked shortbread base.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about another 20- 25 minutes or until the top is slightly browned and the custard appears to be set. Cool completely. Sprinkle with icing sugar when cool or try adding a meringue topping.