Bacon Wrapped Mediterranean Stuffed Grilled Chicken. Feta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and herbs stuffed into juicy chicken breast and wrapped in smoky bacon!
Today we have a very tasty grilling idea that would make a great family dinner meal. It would be just as at home at a summer dinner party featuring courses from the backyard grill.
We sometimes make a baked version of this recipe but I was inspired to wrap this great chicken dish in bacon. That idea was sparked by a recent photo by my blogging buddy David Olsen over at A Bachelor and His Grill.
There is always something tasty and grill-marked to be found there.
Mediterranean flavours are quite popular at our house so the result was a terrific success with everyone cleaning their plates.
I like to debone my own chicken breasts so that I can roast the bones and skins for stock later. I freeze them until I have enough to cover a baking sheet then use the instructions in my post on making Chicken Stock here.
Like this stuffed grilled chicken recipe?
Looking for more chicken dinner ideas. Be sure to check out this collection of our Most Popular Chicken Recipes of the last decade.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Bacon Wrapped Mediterranean Stuffed Grilled Chicken - feta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and herbs stuffed into juicy chicken breast and wrapped in smoky bacon!
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh spinach
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, oil packed
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, or 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup chopped, pitted kalamata olives
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 16-20 slices of good quality smoked bacon
- Mix together the feta cheese, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, olives and black pepper to make the stuffing.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by laying them flat on a cutting board and using a sharp knife. Cutting toward the thickest edge of the breast, cut half way through the meat horizontally, stopping at about ½ inch from the edge and before you cut them completely in half. Fold the breasts open and season with salt and pepper.
- Share the feta, olives, oregano and sun-dried tomatoes evenly among the 4 breasts and fold the other half of the breasts back over the filling.
- To bacon wrap the chicken breasts, place 4 or 5 slices of bacon side by side on a cutting board, letting them overlap only slightly. place one of the stuffed breasts at one end and roll the entire breast in the bacon. Secure with wooden skewers or large toothpicks if necessary but be sure to remember to remove them before serving.
- Grill over medium-low to medium heat turning occasionally to brown all sides, until the bacon is evenly browned on all sides and the center of the chicken breasts reaches 170 degrees F. If you are using particularly large chicken breasts and the outside browns too quickly, you may want to finish them by open roasting them on a wire rack in the oven at 350 degrees F. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 748Saturated Fat 16gCholesterol 183mgSodium 1026mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 53g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.