Chipotle Meatloaf Chili or Chili Sloppy Joes. Put that leftover meatloaf to great use in a quick, easy chili recipe or make fantastic Sloppy Joes.
Here’s another delicious budget stretching recipe that lets nothing go to waste. Our leftover Sweet Onion Glazed Meatloaf was put to tasty use in this quick and easy chili recipe.
It was particularly delicious when served on toasted rolls with mozzarella cheese as some of the best Sloppy Joes we have ever tried.
This recipe works so well that I’d suggest making a larger meatloaf than planned as part of your weekly meal plan. Just so you can enjoy this great chili a day or two later.
The sloppy Joes option is a great way to get yet another meal from your meatloaf dinner. In either case, I sometimes freeze leftover meatloaf if not using it right away.
Once thawed, it is easy to dice and use in this terrific chili recipe any time you like.
For more tried and true recipes, check out this collection of our 25 Most Popular Recipes since Rock Recipes began back in 2007.
Like this Chipotle Meatloaf Chili recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Put that leftover meatloaf to great use in a quick and easy chili recipe that also makes fantastic Sloppy Joes.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium red onion or two large shallots
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn
- 1 minced jalapeño pepper, optional
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 3 tablespoons molasses or 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 pounds leftover meatloaf, diced
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onions (or shallots)
- Cook for only a couple of minutes until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the tomato sauce, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, bell pepper, sweet corn, jalapeño pepper, cumin, chili powder, molasses, chipotle powder, black pepper and salt.
- Simmer very gently over low heat for about 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced leftover meatloaf and sSimmer for another 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Serve alone or with tortilla chips and garnishes of grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and lime guacamole.
- For Sloppy Joes, serve on toasted burger or sub rolls with grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
Serving Size6 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 454 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 76mg Sodium 1591mg Carbohydrates 60g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 9g Sugar 33g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 25g