Corned Beef & Cabbage Egg Rolls. A delightfully playful and delicious party food idea for St. Patrick’s Day and well beyond. A sure crowd pleaser!
Chef Mark is back with this decidedly different, playful but delicious party food idea that’s perfect for St. Patrick’s day or at any occasion!
Over to Mark:
I may be a bit of a leprechaun but i’m not kidding around when I say you need these on your table this Paddy’s day.
Be sure to follow Mark on Instagram!
Filled with shredded corned beef, cabbage, onion, carrot and caraway seeds these little bad boys are simply scrumptious.
And if that’s not enough I’m going to walk you through my Red Leicester mustard cheese dipping sauce that is the perfect pairing with these little savoury bar snacks.
Shredding the corned beef.
Love finger foods for entertaining?
If you like these sorts of recipes, be sure to browse through this collection of 45 Great Party Food Ideas. Our best hors d’oeuvres, finger foods and delicious nibbles to make every occasion from Super Bowl Game Day to a Holiday season party the tastiest of the year.
Like this Corned Beef & Cabbage Egg Rolls recipe?
Be sure to check out our Appetizer Category too!
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Corned Beef & Cabbage Egg Rolls. A delightfully playful and delicious party food idea for St. Patrick's Day and well beyond. A sure crowd pleaser!
- !For the egg rolls
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 8 oz shredded corned beef or salt beef
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp caraway seed
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp flour mixed with water to make a paste for sealing egg rolls
- 1 L vegetable oil for frying
For the mustard cheddar dip
- 200g Red Leicester cheese or aged cheddar
- 500ml whipping cream
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
For the egg rolls
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter and slowly cook down all ingredients until softened and lightly caramelized. About 15 minutes.
- Season and lets cool before rolling.
- Once cooled add a helping tbsp of filling to each wrapper.
- Brush the edges with flour slurry to help seal and continue to roll until all the filling is used.
- Heat oil to 325F. And gently drop about 5 at a time and fry until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil on a paper towel, season with salt, slice and serve hot.
For the cheese sauce
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, reduce the heavy whipping cream by about half.
- Season with salt and black pepper, turn off heat and whisk in grated cheddar and grainy mustard.
- This sauce can be made in advance and kept warm on a low heat.
Amount Per Serving Calories 628Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 159mgSodium 1014mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 23g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.