Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings. Crispy fried wings get tossed in a very easy to make honey garlic sauce just before serving. This method ensures the wings stay super crispy in the sweet sticky, finger licking good glaze.
Everybody loves wings, especially me and this is my favourite recipe for Honey Garlic wings. They are essentially ginger fried chicken wings which get tossed in the homemade honey garlic sauce afterward and served immediately.
The sauce is actually more of a glaze and not like the commercial bottled sauces that so many people buy. This results in crispy, sticky, finger lickin’ wings that are irresistible.
When I served them at a gathering of friends a little while back there was nothing left but a big platter of bones and some hopeful looks that there were more waiting in the kitchen.
Looking for more game day feasting ideas?
We have over 20 outstanding wing recipes right here: Our Best Chicken Wings Recipes.
Like this Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings recipe?
To keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes plus daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals, be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
If you liked this recipe and are a fan of glazed crispy chicken wings, especially with a little spicy kick, then you simply have to try our very popular recipe for Crispy Sweet Sticky Spicy Wings!
Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings - Crispy fried wings get tossed in a very easy to make honey garlic sauce just before serving. This method ensures the wings stay super crispy in the sweet sticky, finger licking good glaze.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp powdered ginger, to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp cold water
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and garlic. Saute to soften the garlic but do not let it brown.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, and 1 tsp black pepper.
- Simmer together for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool thoroughly. Watch this carefully as it simmers because it can foam up over the pot very easily.
- Mix together the flour, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt and 1 tbsp black pepper.
- Whisk together the eggs and water to make an egg wash.
- Wash the wings, pat dry, trim the tips and cut them into sections.
- Dip the wing pieces into the egg wash and then toss in the flour mixture. Drop the coated wings into a preheated 350 degree F deep fryer, filled with canola, peanut, or soy oil.
- Fry until golden brown, about 15-20 min depending on the size of the wing pieces. While still hot out of the oil toss the wing pieces in a large bowl with some of the honey garlic sauce. Serve immediately.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Amount Per Serving Calories 540 Saturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 148mg Sodium 2397mg Carbohydrates 50g Fiber 1g Sugar 35g Protein 27g
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.