Frozen Peanut Butter Cup Pie. A luscious creamy frozen peanut butter cup pie that’s easy to make without an ice cream maker.
You are going to find many recipes for frozen peanut butter pie if you search the web. I have tried quite a few of them too.
Some have crushed peanut or vanilla wafer crusts, some even have cream cheese in the mix. Many, if not most, have sweetened condensed milk in the recipe and quite a few have chocolate on the bottom.
Finally, I got around to creating my own version of this delicious dessert. My idea was to make it sort of like an interpretation of a big frozen peanut butter cup which both my daughter and I particularly love.
I went with a chocolate cookie crumb crust to mimic the shell of the peanut butter cup while adding a crunchy element. In addition, I used the sweetened condensed milk that seemed to be in almost all the recipes.
I didn’t use cream cheese, instead opting for mascarpone cheese for a less tangy, more neutral creamy taste and texture.
Finishing off the pie.
Many of the recipes I’ve seem have an open top but I opted for a soft ganache top. I thought that would complete the peanut butter cup look and taste and would soften quickly out of the freezer before serving.
From the first bite I knew I had a winner. The creamy, no churn peanut butter ice-cream centre is incredibly silky as is the soft melt-in-your-mouth ganache top with the crust adding a great textural crunch.
Incredible! Peanut butter cup lovers are going to go wild for this one.
If peanut butter is not your thing theres an amazing Lemon Icebox Pie you might like here.
Love chocolate desserts? Be sure to browse this incredible collection of Favourite Chocolate Recipes from the past 10 years on Rock Recipes.
Originally Published April 2013. Updated June 2020.
Like this Frozen Peanut Butter Cup Pie recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Frozen Peanut Butter Cup Pie - This ice cream like peanut butter cup pie is inspired by the popular treat; a creamy center, cookie crumb shell & topped with a layer of chocolate ganache.
For the crust
- 2 2/3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 3 rounded tbsp white sugar
For the filling
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- one 10 ounce (300 ml)can of sweetened condensed milk, (In the USUS 14 Ounce can, see Notes below)
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
for the Chocolate Ganache topping
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup whipping cream, heated in the microwave to almost boiling
- Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of a 9 inch spring form pan. Line with parchment paper and then very lightly grease the parchment paper as well.
For the crust
- Mix together the crumbs, butter and sugar.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom and 3/4 of the way up the sides of the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Whip the whipping cream, icing sugar ans vanilla extract to firm peaks.
- Slowly beat in the condensed milk.
- Next beat in the mascarpone cheese and peanut butter.
- Pour into the prepared crust and freeze for several hours or preferably overnight.
For the chocolate topping
- Melt together the chocolate chips and scalded whipping cream in a double boiler.
- Reserve a little of the chocolate mixture to drizzle over the whipped cream if you like, then spread the rest over the top of the frozen pie.
- Return to the freezer until ready to serve. Before serving you can garnish with whipped cream and a drizzle of the chocolate ganache as well as some roasted peanuts.
- Many people are confused about can size for the sweetened condensed milk. In Canada, it is measured by volume, so it is 300 ml. In the US, because of their different measuring regulations, it is measured by weight, which is 14 ounces. So, popular brands like Eagle, are actually the same size in Canada and the US, despite the way they are labelled.
- The six hours noted in total time includes time in the freezer. It is recommended to make this pie a day in advance for best results.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 568Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 22gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 75mgSodium 248mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 3gSugar 25gProtein 8g