Strawberries & Cream Pancakes. Light and fluffy pancakes enriched with cream in the batter and full of chunks of sweet fresh strawberries. A brunch to remember.
I’m posting these Strawberries & Cream Pancakes on Mardi Gras, also known as Pancake Night in Newfoundland. These light delicious beautiful pancakes will be served again tonight at my house as we celebrate this centuries old tradition.
When Fat Tuesday is well behind us we will still be enjoying one of the best pancakes ever at brunches throughout the year.
You will also want to check out my Ten Top Tips for Perfect Pancakes.
Check out our entire collection of NINE DELICIOUS PANCAKE RECIPES. There’s something for everyone in these recipes.
Like this Strawberries & Cream Pancakes recipe?
You’ll find many more delicious recipes like this in our Breakfast & Brunch Category.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. The program is designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Strawberries & Cream Pancakes. Light, fluffy pancakes enriched with cream in the batter & full of chunks of sweet fresh strawberries. A brunch to remember.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
For the batter
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- Sift together the flour, salt, sugar & baking powder and set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, whipping cream, and melted butter.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and whisk together just unjtil combined. Do not over mix. Don't worry about small lumps. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon the batter onto a lightly greased griddle on medium low heat, it's best to cook these slowly.
- You may need to spread the batter out a little with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle chopped strawberries on the top. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until the center is fully cooked.
- These are delicious served with a little whipped cream as well as maple syrup.
- Makes about 1 dozen large pancakes.
Serving Size12 large pancakes
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 39mgSodium 310mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 4g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.