Strawberry Balsamic Chutney and Goat Cheese Bruschetta. An unusually delicious combination of flavours that’s bound to surprise and delight at any party.
Originally published Feb 2013.
Strawberry Balsamic Chutney . With Valentines Day upon, we have once again decided to feature four new recipes this week for a romantic dinner with your sweetheart. This Strawberry Balsamic Chutney and Goat Cheese Bruschetta leads the way.
Our first recipe embraces bright red Valentine color in these very tasty nibbles. You can serve them before the main meal with either a chilled glass of white wine or a mellow red, like a Merlot.
This recipe takes Strawberries to the savoury side while retaining a little some of their natural sweetness. The sweetness balances the robust flavours in the rest of the chutney and goat cheese.
The chutney is an easy quick-cooked version, meant to be served warm with the goat cheese. My daughter and I shared this plate and agreed that the combination is scrumptious.
If you like these sorts of recipes, be sure to browse through this collection of 45 Great Party Food Ideas. Our best hors d’oeuvres, finger foods and delicious nibbles to make every occasion from Super Bowl Game Day to a Holiday season party the tastiest of the year.
Like this Strawberry Balsamic Chutney and Goat Cheese Bruschetta recipe?
Find more ideas like this in our Hors d’oeuvres Category.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Strawberry Balsamic Chutney and Goat Cheese Bruschetta - an unusually delicious combination of flavours that's bound to surprise and delight at any party.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1/2 clove minced garlic
- 2 cups ripe strawberries, quartered (cut, then measure)
- 1 to 2 tsp honey
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Additionally you will need
- toasted slices of baguette
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- In a non-stick saute pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil shallots and garlic.
- Sauté just until the shallot is softened but not browned.
- Add the strawberries, honey, salt, thyme, cinnamon and pepper.
- Sauté together over medium high until the mixture reaches a thick jammy consistency.
- In the last couple of minutes of cooking time stir in the balsamic vinegar
- Taste the chutney in the last minute of cooking. If it is too sweet you can add a little more balsamic vinegar; if too sour, add a little more honey to taste.
- Serve on toasted baguette pieces along with a teaspoon or so of goat cheese.
Serving Size1 bruschetta
Amount Per Serving Calories 74Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 4mgSodium 102mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 3g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.