No Churn Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream with Roasted Strawberry Jam. A creamy shortcut vanilla ice cream with ribbons of intensely flavoured roasted strawberry jam. No stovetop cooking or ice cream maker required! A perfectly easy Valentine’s Day dessert.
Hi all, Olivia here! A happy early Valentine’s Day to you all. Whether you love or loathe the upcoming holiday, this easy no churn strawberry vanilla ice cream is a dessert worth making any time of the year.
Living in a Toronto apartment means limited storage and countertop space for miscellaneous kitchen appliances. So while I use my essentials regularly, I can’t seem to justify once-in-a-whlile gadgets like an ice cream maker.
Enter my quest for a great no-churn ice cream. I’ve found that relying on creamy, non-conventional ingredients yields the best results when you don’t have the luxury of churning.
Mix-ins are also a crucial part of the process, and because a good strawberry ice cream is one of my favourites, I immediately thought of using our Roasted Strawberry Jam for the most intense flavour.
Easy and delicious!
This recipe surprised me for two reasons. A: It really couldn’t be simpler. It’s very hands-off with only 10 to 15 minutes of prep time. And B: the results were totally delicious and creamy like it had been made in an ice-cream maker. It will absolutely impress whoever is lucky enough to try it.
A few notes here. Using a higher-fat greek yogurt is key for creamy, scoopable ice cream. Look for 4% or higher (I’m actually using 11% fat yogurt in this particular iteration.)
Want to make it even fancier for Valentine’s Day? Try serving it like an Italian semifreddo.
Freeze the mixture in a lined loaf pan and serve by cutting the ice cream into slices, and topping with fresh fruit, chocolate shavings, or whatever you please. Bellissimo!
Making a homemade treat for someone you love is almost always a more thoughtful gesture than what money can buy at a store. So skip the overpriced chocolates and dive into this easy ice cream. Whether V-day is your thing or not, showing some love, or some self-love, will always be worth it.
Need more Valentines Day inspiration?
Be sure to check out this complete 4 course romantic dinner for two.
Like this No Churn Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream recipe?
Find many more tempting and indulgent recipes in our Desserts Category.
To keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes plus daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals, be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream with Roasted Strawberry Jam. A creamy shortcut vanilla ice cream with ribbons of intensely flavoured strawberry jam. No stovetop cooking or ice cream maker required! A perfectly easy Valentine's Day dessert.
- 1 lb strawberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup greek yogurt (higher fat % is good here)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder (or substitute vanilla extract)
- 2 cups whipping cream
To make the Roasted Strawberry Jam:
- Toss the strawberries, sugar and vanilla together in a glass baking dish or dutch oven.
- Roast in the oven at 350 degrees F, stirring occasionally until the jam reduces and the juice almost completely boils off.
- Watch it closely toward the end of the cooking time because the sugars will be very concentrated and will more easily burn. Allow 60-70 minutes for the jam to cook fully. It’s done once you reach a thick, jammy texture.
- Let the jam cool completely before adding to the ice cream.
To make the No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream:
- Whisk together the greek yogurt, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla bean powder in a medium bowl.
- Separately in a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer about a cup of the whipped cream to the yogurt mixture and gently mix together.
- Then, add all of the yogurt mixture to the whipping cream. Fold this together very gently, so as not to deflate the whipping cream. You want this to keep a mousse-like texture.
- Add half of the ice cream mixture to a seal-tight container. Add half of the strawberry jam by dolloping with a tablespoon, then gently swirl it into the ice cream with a chopstick. Be sure to leave visible ribbons of jam.
- Repeat this to create a second layer of swirled jammy ice cream using the remaining ingredients. Freeze for at least 8 hours before serving.
- Using a higher-fat greek yogurt yields the creamiest, most scoopable ice cream. Look for 4% or higher.
- You can also serve this dessert like an Italian semifreddo. Instead of assembling in an airtight container, use a loaf pan lined with plastic wrap instead. Serve by cutting into slices and adding fresh strawberries or fruit on top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 323Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 65mgSodium 56mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 1gSugar 31gProtein 5g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.