Tasty Tandoori Grilled Chicken with a Twist. Subtle Indian flavours accented with a fresh peach salsa. A perfect meal for the whole family.
Dairy products have always played an important part in our family’s everyday cooking and eating habits. As they have for a number of Canadians.
From pizza to cheesecake to the cream in your morning coffee, it’s hard to think of a more versatile food group. Not to mention delicious, nutritious, part of a balanced, healthy-eating lifestyle.
Hard working dairy farmers across the country bring us these delicious foods & recipe ingredients every day. For the last 41 years, have also brought us an annual tradition, their yearly Milk Calendar.
This fall, the annual Dairy Farmers of Canada is making its way into the homes of close to 2 million people in Ontario and Atlantic Canada.
I was lucky enough to get a preview copy. It’s chock full of 19 recipes that focus on local sustainable foods and the goodness of 100% Canadian Milk.
I was asked to share with you an incredibly tasty dish, featured this July in the calendar. Surely, I must have been given this recipe to highlight because of my well established love of my back yard grill. Also, my never ending obsession with fresh summer peaches.
There certainly are no shortage of peach recipes, grilling recipes or Indian cuisine inspired recipes on this blog. This beautifully presented, tandoori spiced and yogurt marinated grilled chicken with peach salsa was perfectly suited to our family’s tastes!
Included with the 19 delicious recipes in the Milk Calendar are valuable cooking & entertaining tips. There are also creative recipe variations, as well as helpful food pairings.
Be sure to visit MilkCalendar.ca to find out how to get your own copy, plus find more videos and cooking tips to help your family cook better together.
I’ve long advocated getting the whole family involved in meal planning and preparation. It’s the best way of developing valuable skills and encouraging healthy eating habits.
This year’s Milk Calendar is a great resource for doing just that.
Like this Tasty Tandoori Grilled Chicken recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Rock Recipes is pleased to have Dairy Farmers of Canada as sponsor of this recipe post. Both product and compensation were provided by the sponsor. All opinions expressed here are strictly my own.
- ¾ cup 175 mL plain yogurt
- 1½ tsp 7 mL garam masala spice
- ½ tsp 2 mL turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp 15 mL finely grated ginger
- ¼ tsp 1 mL salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lb 750 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp 1 mL each, salt and cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp 45 mL lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 2 peaches pitted and cut into ½-inch (1 cm) pieces
- 2 tbsp 30 mL finely chopped red pepper
- ¼ tsp 1 mL each, hot red chili flakes and salt
- 2 tbsp 30 mL finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp 30 mL lime juice
- 1 tbsp 15 mL finely chopped fresh coriander
- In a medium bowl, stir yogurt with garam masala, turmeric, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a dish just large enough to hold it. Using a sharp knife, make a few shallow slashes in each piece of chicken to allow marinade to penetrate.
- Sprinkle with salt and cayenne. Sprinkle lemon juice over chicken, trying to get it into slashes.
- Pour yogurt marinade over chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover, refrigerate and marinate for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Place chopped peaches in a bowl along with red pepper, onion, chili flakes and salt; stir.
- Add lime juice and coriander. Refrigerate if not using right away.
- Grease grill and preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Remove chicken from yogurt mixture, leaving any yogurt clinging to it. Place on grill.
- Barbecue for 10 to 13 min, turning occasionally, brushing frequently with leftover marinade and moving to a cooler side of grill if needed, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with peach salsa.
Allow an additional 2 hours for marinating time.
Cooking Tip: Try chicken thighs for an economical change of pace in this recipe. Variation: Instead of peaches, use nectarines, and try mint instead of coriander. Kids Tip: Eliminate the chili flakes from the salsa. Per serving: Energy: 222 Calories Protein: 32 g Carbohydrate: 14 g Fat: 4 g Fibre: 1.7 g Sodium: 438 mg Calcium: 104 mg
Serving Size1 g
Amount Per Serving Calories 345Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 145mgSodium 323mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 55g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.