An easy to make cake vanilla cream cheese bundt cake with the added richness of cream cheese in both the batter and the decadent vanilla glaze.
Vanilla lovers are a much quieter by nature kinda folks. They don’t need to constantly shout about their flavour passion like some chocolate lovers do. (Oops! Points finger at self.)
This recipe is for them especially if they like the added richness and flavour that cream cheese brings to a cake batter.
I make a couple of fruitcakes during the Christmas season that use cream cheese in the batter. It’s always those that my holiday guests seem to favour most.
With that in mind, I reminded myself over the Christmas season to try a simple bundt cake. I used a variation of one of those delicious cake batters and it worked out exceptionally well.
If you are a cake batter bowl licker this one is for you too. The batter is so rich, creamy and absolutely luscious, you’ll want to eat it by the spoonful.
This cake recipe can also be baked in two loaf pans if you don’t have a bundt pan. It may be time to invest in one if you don’t; this recipe baked up absolutely perfectly in my pan.
Love homemade cakes from scratch? We’ve put together a collection of the 25 Most Baked Cakes of the last 12 years on Rock Recipes. You are sure to find several to love.
Like this Vanilla Cream Cheese Bundt Cake recipe?
You’ll find hundreds of other sweet ideas in our Cakes & Pies Category and even more in our Desserts Category.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Vanilla Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
Vanilla takes a back seat to no cake in this rich, moist and very flavourful cream cheese bundt cake, made totally indulgent with a generous amount of vanilla cream cheese glaze.
For the cake batter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, one standard Philadelphia brand block
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
For the Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 a standard Philadelphia brand block
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream together well, the sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, cake flour and baking powder.
- Gently fold dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until the flour is fully incorporated.
- Bake in well greased and floured bundt pan or two parchment lined loaf pans at 325 degrees F for about 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Frost with Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze.
To make the Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze
- Beat all ingredients together very well in an electric mixer until very smooth. Add more or less milk to get the glaze to the proper consistency which should be relatively thick but not quite pourable.
- Spoon and swirl the glaze on top of the cake and let it drip down naturally.
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 390Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 99mgSodium 223mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 0gSugar 33gProtein 5g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Saturday 4th of March 2023
I made this cake twice now, first time I didn’t glaze it and my friends and family still found it to be extremely delicious and decadent! The second one I glazed it but with just a very light drizzle and it was an absolute winner!
Sunday 30th of January 2022
I cannot get specifically cake flour where I live so can I use just all purpose flour?
Sunday 30th of January 2022
Hi Barry 1 cup of flour is how grams in your receipt
Sunday 23rd of January 2022
I was creaming my cream cheese and butter when I realized my pantry was low on cake flour. Decided to replace the 1 cup of cake flour for almond flour and also added a 1/2 tsp of almond extract in addition to the vanilla. This cale was delicious! So tender and moist and tangy from the cream cheese. Not a crumb went to waste.
Monday 20th of December 2021
While this is lovely, Can I use fino wipe for the cream?