Walnut Brownie Pie. Think fudge brownie meets pecan pie! Brownie cookie crust with a sweet caramel flavoured filling & crunchy toasted walnuts. Fantastic!
After previewing this walnut brownie pie photo on our Facebook Page, we rushed this recipe to publication. That’s because it got such a great response there and folks were actually emailing me for the recipe.
The truth is, this pie is just as good as it looks. Imagine a walnut brownie meets a pecan pie! In fact if you prefer pecans, just go ahead and use those.
I have to confess, I could not resist going to the fridge 3 times to cut little slivers of this Walnut Brownie Pie. Little slivers can be quite satisfying with this very rich pie.
It is just the sort of thing I would order for dessert in a restaurant at the end of a good meal. It’s rich sweetness could then be appreciated slowly with a great cup of coffee.
Perfect for Thanksgiving.
This was one of my most successful pie experiments ever. I totally love this one!
This Walnut Brownie Pie would make a terrific choice for Thanksgiving too. The walnuts are easily substituted for Pecans if you like for a sort of Chocolate Pecan Pie. Perfect for those who hate making pastry pie crusts.
If you are looking for more pie ideas for the Thanksgiving season or any time we have a wide variety, from classic apple to frozen Key Lime or Peanut Butter Cup Pie in this terrific collection of Rock Recipes Best Pies.
Originally published July 2012. Updated October 2020. this Walnut Brownie Pie recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Walnut Brownie Pie - think fudge brownie meets pecan pie! Brownie cookie crust with a sweet caramel flavoured filling & crunchy toasted walnuts. Fantastic!
For the Walnut Brownie Crust
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped walnuts
For the Filling
- 4 large or extra large eggs, or 5 medium, or 6 small
- 1 ½ cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups dark corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves
To prepare the Walnut Brownie Crust
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, vanilla extract and sugars well, before adding the eggs one at a time and beating until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and when they are almost mixed in fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Try not to over mix the dough which will be quite stiff.
- Refrigerate the dough for an hour or so, then roll out to about a 10-12 inch round and place in a 9 or 10 inch pie plate. The dough is very forgiving so if it tears or cracks, just fill in any holes with scraps of dough and press them evenly into place. Make sure the dough is not stretched and is pushed well into the pan. Trim the edges of the dough.
To prepare the filling
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract and melted butter for 2-3 minutes until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the walnuts and pour into the prepared brownie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 -50 minutes or until the center is set and jiggles like jelly. Cool completely before serving.
Note that this pie is intended to be served in small slices as it is quite rich.
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 693Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 16gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 108mgSodium 237mgCarbohydrates 86gFiber 4gSugar 66gProtein 9g