White Chocolate Mousse Pie with Orange and Strawberry. An easy to prepare pie filled with white chocolate mousse which has been infused with orange flavour.
I’m back in the kitchen this morning after a relaxing day at home yesterday. The kids Grandmothers, my mom and her twin sister, are bringing them back in town at lunchtime.
They are back in town for their annual Shallaway Children’s Chorus Christmas Concert this afternoon at Cochrane Street United Church. Andy Jones will be doing the traditional celebrity reading of “A Child’s Christmas in Wales”.
Andy is taking over from Robert Joy of CSI, New York fame who returned again this year to read at the first performance which I attended. You might just be lucky enough to get a ticket at the door at 4 PM.
It is a beautiful way to kick off the Christmas season.
Anyway, our lunch guests today will be treated to an apricot glazed roast turkey with roasted potatoes, along with and lemon bacon brussel sprouts.
The meal will be followed by this fantastic and very easy to make Strawberry Orange White Chocolate Mousse Pie.
The filling is a shortcut version of a white chocolate mousse that I like. This time though, I flavored it with some very finely minced orange zest which marvelously compliments the fresh strawberries.
The recipe uses your favorite pie crust recipe, blind baked in an empty 9 or 10 inch pie shell to golden brown. Allow the pie shell to cool completely before adding the filling.
If you need a good basic pie crust recipe, you can find one in my recipe for Deep Dish Apple Crumble Pie. However, a graham crumb crust is also quite good to use with this recipe if you prefer.
If you struggle with pastry, then I suggest you use our practically foolproof Sweet Shortcrust Pastry recipe. It really is an excellent choice for this pie too.
Previously published December 2009. Updated May, 2020.
Like this White Chocolate Mousse Pie recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
An easy to prepare white chocolate mousse which has been infused with orange flavor, fills a pastry shell and is topped with fresh sliced strawberries and orange segments.
- 1 nine or ten inch pie shell, 10 inch Pie Shell
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- zest of one large orange, very finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips or finely chopped white chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup icing sugar, powdered sugar
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 large orange, peeled and supremed into sections
- Roll out one of the 2 rounds of the pastry in the recipe at the link provided, to about a 12 inch circle (Freeze the second round of pastry for another time.)
- Place the rolled out round into a 10 inch pie plate, being careful not to stretch the dough. Tuck the edges under and flute the border as you like.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and chill the pastry while the oven preheats. Using a fork, poke holes in the pastry at the bottom and sides; about 2 dozen times is fine, just space them out evenly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until evenly lightly golden brown. Allow the pastry shell to cool completely before adding the filling.
- In a small saucepan scald together the 1/2 cup whipping cream and the orange zest to almost boiling.
- In a small glass bowl place the white chocolate pieces.
- Pour the hot cream and orange zest over the chips and let stand for 5 minutes before stirring the mixture until smooth. Allow this mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Whip together the 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, vanilla extract and icing sugar to firm peaks.
- Using a rubber or silicone spatula, fold the white chocolate and orange mixture into the whipped cream mixture by hand, folding only enough to incorporate the chocolate into the whipped cream.
- Spread evenly into the baked and cooled pie shell and refrigerate for 2- 3 hours or overnight.
- Cover the top of the pie with the fresh strawberries and supremed orange sections and serve.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 426Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 18gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 71mgSodium 113mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 2gSugar 23gProtein 4g