Baked Cod with 5 Beans and Chorizo – If you’re trying to eat more fish, this baked cod recipe is a delicious way to do it because it balances healthy fish and beans with spicy, flavourful chorizo sausage.
Plain baked cod is one of life’s simple pleasures here in Newfoundland but sometimes it’s nice to dress it up with a punch of vibrant flavours. This recipe does just that
We are also trying to eat more fish at our house and what better way to serve that fish than this baked cod on a bed of 5 beans, tomatoes and a little lean chorizo sausage. This healthy meal in bursting with color, flavor and plenty of nutrition. It is also a quick and easy meal and you should have little problem getting this one on the table in about a half hour or so.
Like this recipe?
You’ll find plenty of other delicious ideas like this one in our Fish & Seafood Category.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped low fat chorizo sausage (chicken or turkey chorizo is good)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2½ cups canned 5 bean mix ( or just use your favorite beans)
- ½ cup mixed pitted olives
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 pounds cod fillets
- Soften the garlic in the oil over medium heat, add the chorizo stir fry for a minute before adding the rest of the ingredients (except the fish) and bringing to a simmer.
- Add the cod fillets to a baking dish in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the simmered beans and sauce and place in a 375 degree oven for only about 20-25 minutes or until the cod pieces are fully cooked through.