|Caramel Stuffed Salted Chocolate Cookies|
Prep time: Approximately 20 minutes + time to chill the dough.
Cook time: 12-14 minutes
Yield: About 18 cookies.
- 1 1/4 cupsbutter
- 2 cupssugar
- 2large eggs
- 1 tspvanilla extract
- 3/4 cupcocoa
- 2 1/4 cupsflour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Aprox 18Kraft Caramel Candies
- flaked sea salt(optional)
- Cream together the butter and sugar well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the creamed mixture and beat until well combined.
- Sift together the cocoa, flour, baking soda, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Mix well until a dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Dough should be cold when it goes in the oven.
- Roll the dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls and push one of the caramel candies into the center, pinching the dough around the caramel to seal it inside.
- Place about 3 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Flatten the balls slightly and sprinkle a small pinch of flaked sea salt (optional) and bake at 375 degrees F for about 12-14 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for several minutes before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container. Freezes well too.
- A few second in the microwave will warm the cookies and soften the caramel center if you prefer.