Cherry Cream Cheese Blondies. A delicious blondie base with fresh cherries baked into the batter, topped with a luscious, cherry cream cheese frosting.
My kids are very, very fond of a good Blondie. We have made several versions over the years, including a version with glacé candied cherries.
Since we had some ripe fresh cherries on hand, which the kids also love, I decided to try them in a new variation. This new version also includes more chopped cherries in a luscious cream cheese frosting for a very pretty finishing touch.
We froze some of these quite successfully too, so no doubt these awesomely delicious blondies will be making it to my Christmas freezer list this year as well.
Originally published Sept 2012. Updated Oct 2020.
You might also like to try some of our very popular recipes in our Best Newfoundland Christmas Cookies Collection. They are definitely worth making at any time of year!
Like this Cherry Cream Cheese Blondies recipe?
Be sure to browse the photo index of over 200 cookie and cookie bar recipes is in our expansive Cookies Category.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Cherry Cream Cheese Blondies - a delicious blondie base with fresh cherries baked into the batter, topped with a luscious, cherry cream cheese frosting.
For the cherry blondies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh cherries, cut in quarters
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups icing sugar, powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk; only enough to bring the frosting to a very thick but spreadable consistency.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cherries
To prepare the cherry blondies
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt & baking soda and set aside.
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Pinch the mixture between your fingers to make sure that you cannot feel any sugar granules.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients and then fold in the chopped cherries.
- Spread the batter into a greased or parchment lined 9x9 baking pan.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees F (325 F for glass bakeware) or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
To prepare the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix all the ingredients together and beat very well until smooth and fluffy. Add the milk last to get the frosting to the right consistency.
- Finally fold in thee chopped cherries.
- Spread evenly on top of the cooled blondies before cutting into squares or bars.
Note. You can also make these with frozen cherries when not in season or try using maraschino cherries instead.
Serving Size1 blondie
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 37mgSodium 148mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 1gSugar 31gProtein 2g