|Chipotle Chili Sloppy Joes|
Here’s my favorite new smoky flavored chili recipe that we use at our house to make the most amazing Sloppy Joes on homemade sour dough rolls. There is a link to the sour dough bread recipe at the end of the recipe.
- 1 to 1 ½ cups dry kidney beans
overnight, depending on the amount of beans you prefer in your chili. You may use canned beans if you prefer.
In a large pot heat 3 tbsp olive oil.
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium red onion
Cook until the onions begin to soften.
- 2 1/2 -3 pounds extra lean ground beef
Add to the garlic and onions and cook to brown breaking the meat into small pieces.
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped fine
- 3 ears of grilled corn, removed from cob
- 1/2 minced jalapeño pepper( optional)
- 1 heaping tbsp cumin
- 2 heaping tbsp chili powder
- 1-3 tsp ground chipotle powder (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- Salt and pepper to season
Simmer very gently over low heat for 1 ½ to 2 hours stirring occasionally. Serve alone or with tortilla chips and garnishes of grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and lime guacamole.
Serve on toasted sour dough bread or rolls. You can find a recipe for sour dough bread here.