Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Cranberries Pistachios and Honey. Frozen puff pastry makes this indulgent & impressive party food idea super easy to prepare.
Today’s baked brie recipe is one of my very favourite things to serve to guests as an hors d’oeuvre. Of all the times I have served it, I have never, ever had leftovers of this one.
I do several variations on this recipe as well, using hazelnuts or almonds. I sometimes do it with blueberries, bakeapples, raspberries, blackberries or partridgeberries and sometimes use maple syrup instead of the honey.
The point is that this is a very versatile recipe. Stick to the brie and the puff pastry as a base but all of the other elements can be played with quite well.
Make it with seasonal fruits like sautéed apple, cinnamon and maple in Autumn. Even peach Pecan and Honey in the summer. The possibilities are endless.
I’ve also found that this recipe can be warmed again in a moderate oven after it has been previously baked, which makes it a great dish to bring along to a party or as a pot luck appetizer.
Do not pre-bake it and try to reheat it in the microwave; you will get a soggy crust instead of a crispy one. I generally serve it on water crackers or small slices of French baguette.
This recipe has quite festive flavours and a great presentation for Holiday parties. If you are looking for more idea like this be sure to check out our collection of Best Finger Foods for Holiday Parties.
Originally published October 2008.
Like this Baked Brie in Puff Pastry recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
An indulgent , impressive party food idea that uses frozen puff pastry to make it super simple to prepare.
- 8 oz puff pastry
- 8 oz brie cheese
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- Roll out the pastry sheet and cut it into a circle about twice as wide as the wheel of brie. The pastry must be very cold in order to work with it so, if necessary, return it to the fridge or freezer for a few minutes if it gets too warm.
- Place the brie in the center of the pastry circle and cut eight evenly spaced, 1 inch slits in the crust all around the outside edge of the pastry pointing toward the center of the circle.
- Top the brie with the pistachios, partridgeberries and honey. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash and begin bringing the flaps of pastry over the top of the brie, to the center of the cheese. These flaps will start to overlap so that the brie becomes completely enveloped in the pastry.
- At this point, you can decorate the top of the pastry with leaf shaped cut-outs of puff pastry if you desire. Brush the entire pastry with the egg wash and chill for at least an hour before baking on a parchment lined baking sheet in a preheated 375 degree F oven for about half an hour or until the pastry is evenly golden brown.
- Serve with crackers or small slices of French baguette.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Serving Size12 sevings
Amount Per Serving Calories 124Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 21mgSodium 110mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 4g