This Chocolate Banana Cake is a terrific recipe to use those always present brown speckled over ripe bananas on your counter in an easy to make, delicious dessert.
This new recipe for Chocolate Banana Cake reminds me that I think we may have to create a specialty category on Rock Recipes. One that’s just for ideas to use up over ripe bananas.
They which seem to be waiting, if not multiplying, on the kitchen counter. We’ve done dozens of banana recipes from muffins to many different banana breads.
We’ve even got a Sticky Toffee Banana Pudding. Today we put those bananas to delicious use in this moist and delicious chocolate banana cake.
You can bake this in round pans if you like, with the simple chocolate buttercream frosting as shown. Alternatively, bake it in a 9×13 baking pan and serve frosted or unfrosted as an easy snack cake.
Find a great, easy Chocolate Frosting Recipe here.
Love homemade cakes from scratch? We’ve put together a collection of the 25 Most Baked Cakes of the last 12 years on Rock Recipes. You are sure to find several to love.
Like this Chocolate Banana Cake recipe?
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
This Chocolate Banana Cake is a terrific recipe to use those always present brown speckled bananas on your counter in an easy to make, delicious dessert.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup good quality cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups mashed banana mashed banana
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two 9 inch cake pans well and dust with cocoa. (Or you can line the pans with parchment paper after greasing them.)
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the banana and vegetable oil.
- Mix together the lemon juice and milk to sour it.
- Fold in the dry ingredients alternately with the soured milk beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. I add the dry ingredients in 3 portions and the soured milk in 2 portions.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before icin
Silicone Spatula Set : U-Taste Heat-Resistant Spatula - One Piece Seamless Design, Non-Stick Silicone Rubber with Reinforced Stainless Steel Core (4 Piece Set, Red)
Nordic Ware 9" Round Natural Aluminum Cake Pans, 2 Pack 9" Non-Stick
KitchenAid KHM512ER 5-Speed Hand Mixer, Empire Red
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Amount Per Serving Calories 361 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 53mg Sodium 313mg Carbohydrates 55g Fiber 3g Sugar 30g Protein 5g