Chocolate Chip Coconut Sandwich Cookies. Soft, buttery, chewy cookies with crispy edges have plenty of chocolate chips and coconut baked right in. Then, they are sandwiched together with an easy-to-make chocolate ganache filling.
This recipe has appeared on this blog in the past in a different form and one of the most fuss-free cookies to make, Chocolate Chip cookie Squares. This is my Mom’s recipe that was undoubtedly made hundreds of times during my childhood and always had the addition of coconut.
All these years later, I decided to try them as drop cookies with a chocolate ganache center to sandwich them together and they turned out beautifully. I expect there will be a few of these in the freezer for the holiday season this year.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out out collection of Favourite After School Cookies!
Like this Chocolate Chip Coconut Sandwich Cookie recipe?
Be sure to browse the photo index of over 200 cookie and cookie bar recipes is in our expansive Cookies Category.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Sandwich Cookies - soft, buttery, chewy cookies with crispy edges have plenty of chocolate chips and coconut baked right in and are then sandwiched together with an easy-to-make chocolate filling.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup fine unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the chocolate filling
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat well.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and coconut.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, folding to combine well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for 10-15 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Ganache Filling
- In a double boiler melt together the cream and chocolate chips.
- Stir constantly until the chocolate chips have completely melted.
- Set aside to cool to lukewarm before spooning the ganache onto a cookie and topping it with another.
- Let the cookies cool completely to allow the chocolate to set before serving.
Serving Size1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 317Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 41mgSodium 130mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 2gSugar 31gProtein 2g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.