Fruitcake Cheesecake Bars. A very festive and easy cookie bar recipe with a spiced butter crumble surrounding a dried fruit cheesecake centre.Regular readers know that I think fruitcake gets a bad rap at the Holidays. Many more fruitcake lovers are coming out of the closet to celebrate their love of the annual festive treat. In an effort to convert even more to the festive flavours of spice and sweet dried fruits, I’ve come up with a new way to tempt even more… add a cheesecake element! With the fragrance of Christmas spices in the buttery crumble and dried glacé fruits in the cheesecake, I’m guessing more than one fruitcake nay-sayer will try and sample one of these if offered during the Holiday season. Add this recipe to your Holiday freezer baking list and see if you can’t find a few to tempt. If you liked this recipe you many want to check out this great collection of No Bake Cookies that was incredibly popular during our last Holiday season.
Like this Fruitcake Cheesecake Bars recipe?Be sure to browse the photo index of over 200 cookie and cookie bar recipes is in our expansive Cookies Category. To keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes plus daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals, be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. You might also like our popular recipe for Coconut Jam Squares.
Fruitcake Cheesecake Bars - a very festive and easy cookie bar recipe with a spiced butter crumble surrounding a dried fruit cheesecake center.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cupfirmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cupcold butter
- 1/2 tspcinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- pinch ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 1 cup 8 ouncescream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tspvanilla extract
- 1 tbsplemon juice
- 1 largeegg
- 2/3 cupmixed glace fruit
- In a food processor pulse together the flour, brown sugar, spices and butter until crumbly (or simply cut the butter through the flour, spices and sugar with a pastry knife or two butter knives held between your fingers)
- Save a 1/2 cup of this crumble mixture to sprinkle over the top later.
- Press the rest of the crumble mixture into the bottom of a greased or parchment lined 9x9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes while preparing the cheesecake filling.
- Beat together the cream cheese, white sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Beat in the egg.
- Fold in the mixed glace fruit.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly onto the pre-baked cookie base and sprinkle the reserved cookie crumble over the surface.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-30 minutes until the cheesecake is set. Let cool completely in the pan before cutting and serving.
- Refrigerate in airtight containers. Freezes well too.