Jam Filled Vanilla Buttercream Cupcakes. Beautifully tender vanilla cupcakes with jam filled centres and topped with creamy vanilla buttercream frosting.
Originally published Feb 2008.
These delicious vanilla cupcakes are filled with Newfoundland favourite partridgeberry (lingonberry) jam. However, cranberries can also be used in the simple jam recipe or just fill them with your own favourite jam.
There is no wrong combination of flavours to pair with these simple vanilla cupcakes and buttercream frosting. Strawberry, blackberry, apricot, raspberry, blueberry are all delicious.
Just choose your favourite and make them your own favourite cupcakes.
Bring these along anywhere from birthday parties to Super Bowl game day feasts and see just how quickly they disappear.
Like this Vanilla Buttercream Cupcakes recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Jam Filled Vanilla Buttercream Cupcakes - beautifully tender vanilla cupcakes with jam filled centers and topped with creamy vanilla buttercream frosting.
For the Vanilla Cupcake Batter
- 1 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups + 1 tbsp cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup whole milk
For the Partirdgeberry Jam
- 1 cup partridgeberries, or chopped cranberries
- ½ cup sugar
For the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 2 cups icing sugar
- ½ up butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp milk
To prepare the Vanilla Cake
- Cream the butter and sugar well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the vanilla extract.
- Sift together the cake flour and baking powder.
- Fold in the dry ingredients in three equal portions, alternately with the milk in two equal portions. Always begin and end with dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into paper lined cupcake pans filling ¾ full with batter.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes at 325 degrees F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Watch them carefully as they can over bake quite quickly.
- Cool on a wire rack and frost when completely cooled.
- When the cupcakes are completely cool fill them with partridgeberry jam. Using a piping bag with a large star or a large round piping tip, fill the center of the cupcakes from the top pushing the tip to the middle of the cupcake and squeezing as you retract the tip. Do not overfill.
To prepare the Partridgeberry Jam
- Boil berries and sugar together gently for about 15-20 minutes or until the berries start to break up and the liquid is almost completely reduced.
- Cool for about 20-30 minutes and puree in a blender or a food processor until smooth. Cool completely in refrigerator before filling the cupcakes.
- Frost with vanilla buttercream frosting.
To prepare the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Cream the first 3 ingredients together until smooth.
- Add only enough milk, a tbsp at a time, to bring the frosting to a good spreadable consistency then beat well until smooth and fluffy.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 257Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 43mgSodium 99mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 0gSugar 35gProtein 2g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.