Warm Honey Dijon Potato Salad. Add plenty of flavour to plain potatoes with this simple quick side dish to serve with chicken, beef, pork or fish.
Originally Published July 2013.
One of the biggest requests we get in our email and on our Facebook Page is for more recipes for side dishes.
While this recipe is great at any time of the year, it seems the side dish requests become even more frequent during the summer BBQ and grilling season. It seems folks have no problem choosing what to put on the grill but have more difficulty trying to find just the right thing to serve with it.
This simple recipe comes to the rescue in a quick and easy side dish. It can easily be served with any grilled meat or fish.
I’ve peeled the russet potatoes in this version. If you are using red or yellow skinned potatoes, feel free to just wash them well and leave them unpeeled as I usually do.
Try it with your next grilled or BBQ meal! Keep it in mind for fall and winter meals too, especially with roast chicken and pork dinners.
Using leftover boiled potatoes.
This honey dijon potato salad can even be made with leftover boiled potatoes. Just bring them back to a simmer in boiling water, then turn off the heat immediately and let stand for a couple of minutes before using them in this recipe.
Cold boiled potatoes can also be used in an unheated version of this potato salad. I just use the red onions raw but finely minced and substitute a 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic to add to the dressing before tossing with the potatoes.
We have a whole collection of Potato and Pasta Salads to browse too.
Like this Warm Honey Dijon Potato Salad recipe?
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when new recipes are added. You’ll get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Warm Honey Dijon Potato Salad - add plenty of flavour to plain potatoes with this simple quick side dish to serve with chicken, beef, pork or fish.
- 3 lbs potatoes, cut in one 1 1/2 inch chunks (leftover boiled potatoes can be used)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp honey, add more to taste if you like
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tsp fresh chives
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until they are fork tender but not overcooked.
- Drain and let cool slightly in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- To a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, onion and garlic.
- Saute together for only minute or two before adding the potatoes and tossing together for a couple of minutes.
- Mix together the cider vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the potatoes in the saute pan and toss together well, cooking for only two or three minutes until the potatoes are well coated.
- Before serving, toss in the fresh chives.
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Amount Per Serving Calories 252Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 231mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 4gSugar 9gProtein 5g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.