Garlic Parmesan Potato Latkes. As a terrific side dish or with a weekend brunch, nothing beats these flavourful crispy potato pancakes.
These crispy fried potato latkes have been a popular side dish at our house for many years. It’s a great recipe just plain or to experiment with by adding such things chopped onions or fresh herbs.
My personal favourite is the garlic and parmesan version shown. It’s a great side dish that we serve with grilled steak, chicken or pork chops or even as an addition to a quick supper with some leftover ham or chicken.
Two thumbs up from the kids on this recipe too; they love ’em.
This recipe dresses up nicely as a great hors d’ouevre as well. A bite sized latke with a dollop of sour cream and topped with smoked salmon, prosciutto, roasted garlic, finely chopped spicy sausage or even caviar can make quite the impressive little nibble.
Brunch is a big thing at out house too and we often serve them as part of it or as part of “Breakfast for Dinner” another family tradition around here. Here you can see we’ve served them with scrambled eggs and some quick cooked fresh tomato compote.
The tomato compote is a quickly sautéed chunky sauce that takes just minutes to prepare. You can find the Tomato Compote recipe here. The compote can be made with crushed chili paste or chili flakes if you like a little spice. If you don’t, it’s easily omitted.
Looking for more brunch ideas?
Love a great muffin recipe too? We’ve put together a collection of our Top 25 Fan Favourite Muffin Recipes. You may be surprised to see which delicious, wholesome muffin hit the #1 spot!
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Garlic Parmesan Potato Latkes - as a terrific side dish or with a weekend brunch, nothing beats these flavourful crispy potato pancakes.
- 4 cups grated potato
- 1 clove garlic, very finely minced
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons flour
- a little canola oil for frying
- Squeeze as much excess water from the grated potato as possible. Add all the remaining ingredients and toss together until well combined.
- Heat a half inch of canola oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low to medium heat.
- Drop the latke mixture by ½ cup measures into the hot oil, spreading it out to about a half inch thickness. You can make them thinner if you prefer. Fry until golden brown on one side, then turn and cook until golden brown on the opposite side.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream and chopped green onions.
Serving Size8 large latkes
Amount Per Serving Calories 155Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 29mgSodium 130mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 5g