Peach and Basil Salsa – at its summer fresh best! This salsa is so easy to make and is terrific on grilled chicken or pork as well as summer salads, as a wonderfully flavorful alternative to oily salad dressing.
For a savory use of one of my favorite summer fruits, try this amazing Peach Basil Salsa.
You may have noticed that I have a real love of peaches. There are quite a number of fantastic peach desserts on this website but one of my favorite salsas is also made from one of summer’s perfect fruits. The ingredients here all work together extremely well. From the fresh grated ginger to the sweet, spicy sriracha sauce, they all meld together particularly well.
We use this salsa on its own with some multi-grain baked tortilla chips for a healthy snack or great party food addition. It also goes wonderfully well with grilled fish, pork chops and as the photo below shows on barbequed chicken. We used our delicious Blueberry Barbeque Sauce on this occasion, which was a particularly good flavor combination.
- 6 peaches washed and diced small, skins on
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 small red pepper diced small
- 1/2 red onion diced small
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce or other sweet chili pr hot sauce; more or less to taste
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Toss all ingredients together well and let stand for at least a half hour stirring occasionally before serving.