Honey Peach BBQ Sauce. Brings the flavour of summer’s sweetest fruit to a tangy and flavourful barbecue sauce. Terrific for ribs, pulled pork and chicken, especially grilled wings.
However, the sweet fruit really does lay down a tasty flavour base for a great sauce that’s particularly good on chicken and pork.
I’d been wanting to try this sauce idea for a long time. Recently, when I was smoking some pork shoulder for a family barbecue, I decided that since great Ontario peaches were in season, now was the time.
Honey Peach Barbecue Sauce for pulled pork.
I pulled the pork after about 10 hours in the smoker and tossed it with this sauce to make pulled pork sliders. We had 34 people for our family barbecue and that pulled pork was a very big hit.
Another thing these sorts of BBQ sauces are very well suited to, is making amazingly delicious sticky wings. I usually make a sticky glaze out of any BBQ sauce by simply adding honey in a 2:1 ratio, 2 parts sauce to one part honey.
Spouse and I did exactly that with the wings shown below and basically fought over the small sample batch down to the last wing.
Wow! I just can’t wait to have people over to make a huge batch of those wings. They are simply some of the best sticky wings I’ve ever tried.
We have some great side dish inspiration too, including everything from baked beans & corn bread to deliciously different potato and pasta salads. Be sure to check them all out in our collection of 35 Best BBQ Side Dishes too.
Originally published August 2016. Updated July 2020.
Like this Prime Rib Beer Bacon Chili recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Honey Peach BBQ Sauce - brings the flavour of summer's sweetest fruit to a tangy and flavourful barbecue sauce. Terrific for ribs, pulled pork and chicken, especially grilled wings.
- 2 medium sweet onions, (Preferably Vidalia onions.)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 large peaches pitted and diced, no need to peel
- 1 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground dry thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 finely diced red Thai chilies (optional, or chili flakes to taste; your favourite hot sauce to taste can also be used)
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered ginger
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until softened but not but not browned.
- Transfer to a food processor along with the peaches and puree until very smooth.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer slowly for about 30 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken to a brushable consistency. The sauce will thicken a little more when cooled down.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge for up to a week or keep for up to 3 months when bottled properly in mason jars according to the manufacturers instructions.
To turn this BBQ sauce into a glaze for sticky wings as shown in the photo above, simply add 1/3 cup of honey to 2/3 cup of the prepared Peach BBQ Sauce. Grill the wings first and begin turning and glazing them with the sticky sauce for the last 10-15 minutes of cooking time.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Serving Size1 g
Amount Per Serving Calories 75Total Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gSodium 173mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 13g