Honey Soy Chicken Breasts. Only 6 ingredients & so easy to prepare! It’s one of the most popular chicken dishes ever on Rock Recipes. These chicken breasts bake up to shiny, deliciously honey soy glazed perfection.
We are all about great easy workday dinners here at Rock Recipes and this honey soy chicken is a perfect example.
It takes just a few minutes to prepare a 5 ingredient marinade in the morning or the previous evening to have this chicken ready to pop into the oven when you arrive home from work.
Only about 45 minutes open roasting time is all these golden sticky chicken chicken breasts need; more than enough time to throw together a great salad, steam rice or prepare your favourite noodles.
If serving with noodles or rice, I recommend doubling the marinade/sauce recipe.
For more outstanding chicken recipes browse Our Top Ten Boneless Chicken Breast Recipes!
Like this Honey Soy Chicken recipe?
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
If you liked this recipe you will definitely want to try out recipe for Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken Breasts.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes are added. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root, finely grated
- 4 large chicken breasts, not boneless skinless
- Stir together all the ingredients except the chicken breasts and pour into a large Ziploc bag.
- Add the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Place the marinaded chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. I use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature is between 170 and 180 degrees F.
- Do not throw out the marinade. While the chicken is cooking simmer it over low heat and brush it on the chicken about every 10 minutes as it cooks.
The total prep time reflects the marinating time as well. The cook time will vary from 45-60 minutes depending on the actual size of your chicken breasts,. Use a meat thermometer to be sure they are completely cooked.
Amount Per Serving Calories 281 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 102mg Sodium 1527mg Carbohydrates 20g Fiber 0g Sugar 18g Protein 39g
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.