2 cups fresh cherries, pitted whole cherries or cut in pieces
1/4 cup toasted slivvered almonds
3 large eggs
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
1 Tablespoon butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large 10 inch pie plate well.
2. Prepare fruit and chop them in bite size pieces, or leave whole, your choice. Mix with almonds and sprinkle on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
3. In a medium size mixing bowl, with a hand whisk, whip eggs and sugars together until light and frothy. Blend in flour.
5. Add milk, vanilla and almond extract, and mix well.
6. Pour gently over the cherries and almonds, being careful not to disturb fruit, and bake for 30 minutes.
7. While the clafouti is baking, mix together to make a streusel:
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp butter
8. Remove clafouti from oven and sprinkle streusel on top.
9. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until knife comes out clean and clafouti is light brown and slightly puffed. It will fall during cooling time and is normal.
10. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm with fresh whipped cream.
11. Serves 9.